Arriving by car? Please study these instructions - they will help you to avoid mistakes in a long journey.
The entrance to the Barri Vell is permitted only three times (every three months). That means leaving and collecting luggage, plus one extra entrance. The car restriction enhances the quality of life of people in Girona. You have two choices:
- if you don't have a heavy luggage I would recommend you to park outside Barri Vell. It's just a 5 minutes walk, and it's much less prone to mistakes. You may park in the blue areas of the map below. Look around the area 'Carrer de Palamos, Girona' in google maps.
- if you really need to get to the entrance by car, see the map below. To avoid mistakes from google maps:
- first destination to Plaça Catalunya which is the only entrance to the Old Town
- once there, set destination to Carrer Ballesteries, 23
- you'll drive through a warning to enter Barri Vell
- keep driving, you'll go through Plaça del Vi, Carrer Ciutadans, turn left, turn right
- now you are in carrer Cort Reial, which is phisically the same street as Ballesteries, don't stop yet
- just 50 m ahead, after a speed bump, starts Carrer Ballesteries
- on the left side, there is a Bar called 'La Terra' (may be closed). The apartments' door is on the left. Ballesteries, 23
- now hurry to leave the luggage. It's a good idea to start leaving it inside the building door, which you may open by pressing buzzer 'atic' (see the instructions to check-in that you have in your email)
- you may park on the side for a few minutes, but don't leave it unattended (police don't like that procedure at all). Keep in mind the buses keep driving through and they will make you leave. Later, drive ahead to the parkings sites 1 and 2.
- sorry for these inconveniences, but we are sure you will certainly appreciate the comfort of living in a car restricted area.